Offerte > SCD - Intralogistic Manager
Descizione del ruolo
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
IKEA Core Business Supply is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
Supply Chain Development (SCD) is one of the business units in Core Business Supply and we are on an exciting journey! By gathering the end-to-end supply chain development and innovation agenda into one organization, embedding management and development of processes and digital solutions into the business, we will meet the future with the right competences and business capabilities. By this we will also create the preconditions to a world class supply chain that enable IKEA to efficiently respond to the ever-changing customer needs. Read more about SCD here.
About the assignment
Embracing the full opportunities of IKEA omni channel retailing puts new demands on us to develop and implement new solutions. Within Supply Chain Development we see intralogistics solutions as a game-changing opportunity to perform effective and cost-efficient central and customer fulfilment activities throughout our supply chain.
By leading the global Intralogistics organisation, you secure competent and high performing leaders who inspire and empower co-workers to perform to the best of their abilities and continuously develop in their assignments. As part of the Supply Chain Development Management team, you contribute to the innovation agenda and fulfilment of development tasks across IKEA Supply Chain. Moreover, you develop, implement, and follow up action plan for your unit, delivering excellent results in supporting intralogistics projects and professional long term concept development for all IKEA franchisees.
As Intralogistics manager you will, among other tasks:
- Be responsible to secure that efficient handling & storage solutions are available and meeting the needs of any type of logistics units in IKEA including IT solutions
- Lead the transformation agenda for intralogistics legacy solutions, mainly securing the warehouse management landscape into IKEA’s transactional backbone of the future
- Lead the innovation agenda for handling & storage solutions in IKEA and secure the readiness of future technologies and solutions
- Be responsible for securing a transparent and sustainable information/communication flow throughout Intralogistics and to the many stakeholders.
- Be responsible for driving leadership and competence agenda: identify needs and gaps, and build leadership and competence plans to meet the short- and long-term business needs.
- Ensure that sites with automation are fit for the future, securing business continuity, and identifying opportunity to increase capacity and efficiency
You are a strong business minded person with a passion for development in Supply Chain!
You dare to think differently, and you have an agile approach and adapt as we go. You are interested in finding new ways of working and are highly motivated to do this by leading our business agenda through people and collaborate and interact with many different stakeholders, creating new relations and networks.
As a person, you have a strong passion to guide the organisation into the future, having a strong drive in the field of digitalisation and automation. You have leadership skills to lead business and people in a global assignment. You have the drive to develop your managers, co-workers and yourself to deliver excellent results. You strive to obtain a good collaboration and interaction with a big number of various stakeholders in various IKEA units and externally with the Intralogistics suppliers and development partners.
To succeed in this role, we believe you have:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of how senior leadership and management, preferably gained in IKEA Supply Chain or similar organisation – developing, inspiring, leading, coaching and influencing other senior leaders, co-workers and specialists.
- Experience of leading in the unknown and how to deliver change in a complex stakeholder reality.
- A passion for Intralogistics and a strong knowledge and understanding of logistic processes, organizations and supply chain setups.
- Experience in intralogistics material flow systems, processes and related IT solutions.
- The desire and capability to be a great communicator and by this build trust and relationships to handle multiple stakeholders, internal and external, in a global environment.
- Experience in project management as well as in vendor and contract management.
- Capability to perform business analysis, risk assessment, scenario planning and draw fast conclusions to support the right business decisions and implementations.
- Capability to represent IKEA towards external suppliers and to be an IKEA ambassador in everything you do.
- A desire to do things differently and challenge current ways of working and the ability to move with speed and direction
- Fluency in English
We offer you a position in a fast paced, truly global environment where development and constantly being on the way is in focus!
Look and listen what we have to say about the job by clicking here
The position is based in Älmhult Sweden or Dortmund Germany and will require travelling.
At Supply Chain Development we continuously look for better ways of working, following our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people. It is in our culture to work together and to be open, straightforward, and inclusive. If this sounds like an environment you could enjoy working in, please send your CV and Cover Letter (in English) where you tell us more about yourself and why you believe you fit in to this job. Send you application via our recruitment system SmartRecruiters no later than 12:th of February.
For further information about the role please contact our current manager firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, People & Culture Manager or SCD manager firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the recruitment process feel free to contact email@example.com .We are looking forward to receiving your application!