IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishings at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. IKEA Purchasing Area South East Asia has co-workers based in Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta; and is one of seven Purchasing Areas in the world.Job description
As working on Acting Chief Accountant role, you work every day together to secure the company’s compliance with local accounting and tax laws and Inter IKEA Accounting rules. This requires passion for and ability to manage all accounting, compliance and tax issues, careful, detailed-minded, good written and verbal communication skills and motivated by working in teams with different IKEA systems. During these 10 months, the role will have the chance to work under multinational company environment, interact closely with company management and/or contribute to different automation projects in secure the compliance and simplicity.
Temporary period (10 months): 1 May 2023 – 28 Feb 2024
About the assignment:
- Review and approve payments requests, securing compliance to local laws, company manuals and IKEA rules and guidelines.
- Manage all tax and regulatory compliance issues, ensuring the organization is kept up to date with any changes. Timely update to Business Navigation Finance Administration Manager - BNFA (Reporting Line Manager) about issues relating to tax, accounting, compliance and legal.
- Guide, advise accountants in daily tasks, accounting, and tax issues.
- Review accounting bookings made by accountants and post to accounting system.
- Manage monthly closing, ensuring accurate and timely book closing according to IKEA guidelines.
- Review and approve the tax calculations and declarations (VAT, FCT, temporary CIT, business license tax).
- Calculate deferred tax and prepare bookings accordingly.
- Responsible for preparing CIT Finalization. Work with Tax service firm on CIT review, Transfer Pricing disclosure forms as part of CIT Finalization.
- Responsible for statutory audit, including review Financial Statements, review and follow-up on audit findings and recommendations. Follow up with audit firm for issuing Audit report ready for signing.
- Review and validate operational agreements/ contracts.
- Assist in providing relevant data/ figures and support to BNFA in related tasks.
- University degree within Accounting, Auditing or Finance.
- More than 5 years working in accounting field
- 2-3 years’ experience as accounting team leader/supervisor in which experience as Chief Accountant is a plus.
- Good knowledge about accounting principle and Vietnamese tax.
- Self-driven, proactive, goal-oriented and ability to self-study
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates. So, don’t delay, please send us your application today.