Offerte > Product Design Engineer - Food Packaging
Descizione del ruolo
We are now recruiting for a Food Packaging Engineer responsible to drive and support the development of IKEA Food Packaging Solutions. Do you want to be part of our exiting journey? If yes, this might be the perfect challenge for you!
The position will be based in Malmö until August 28 2023 then in Älmhult. At the heart of IKEA in Älmhult we will create the IKEA Food Hub where we will come together across IKEA to deliver on more healthy, sustainable & delicious food.
To be able succeed for this role, you need to aware:
- We are looking for a Food Packaging Engineer with years of experience from working with packaging in the food and beverage industry.
- You need to have a university education within the Engineering field and/or experience from similar positions.
- You are quality focused with a continuous improvement mindset and is good in creating structure.
- Seeing the big picture and contributing to the strategical work comes natural for you.
- You like to drive activities and have project management experiences including managing stakeholders on different levels.
- You need to be able to challenge, but as well empower and coach the development teams.
- Great communication skills, fluent in English, both spoken and in written, and the capacity to organize your daily tasks is also required, since you will be involved in several different product development projects at the same time.
- As a person you need be curious and solution oriented, and you need to have proven and excellent analysis skills such as assessing risks, impact and breaking down requirements while securing the connection to and follow up of the verification and validation of the packaging solutions.
- You have a holistic approach to developing packaging, considering the entire value chain, from the supplier all the way to the store co-workers, customers and full life cycle of the packages.
- You need to have a broad material understanding and have preferably worked with sustainable packaging development previously.
What if you could inspire to make everyday life just a little bit better? The answer is simple: You can.
This is what motivates us at IKEA. We’re constantly searching to find new ways to be better. Our mission is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We believe that good design is for everyone – which is why we call our development approach ‘democratic design’. This is a set of principles that allows us to bring products into the world that combine sustainability, form, function and quality – all at a low price. The five dimensions are at the heart of every product we make, whether it is a sofa or a meatball. If you are motivated by working with smart, sustainable and cost-conscious packaging solutions, without compromising on quality, you could very well be the person we are looking for.
Your main task will be to secure that each packaging solution is developed in accordance with IKEA Requirements and Directions. You will be working together with other functional competences in a product development team and with your functional colleagues on capability building tasks. The assignment covers the following responsibilities:
- Brief suppliers on overall ambition with project in terms of packaging, based on IKEA directions and requirements
- Analyse the supplier’s available food packaging solutions from a sustainability, quality, form, function and cost perspective
- Assess risks and verify that the solution meets the needs and requirements as stated in the brief
- Secure that the packaging solution meets all technical & legal global requirements
- Proactively contribute to tactical planning by identifying potential packaging improvements in running range.
- Contribute to the development of Food Packaging as a key capability in BA Food.
- Secure information related to packaging symbols which are applicable on artworks and labels.
- Lead cross functional team responsible for artwork updates.
Please send us your application in English – CV and motivation letter – no later than 1st February. 2023. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Product Engineering Manager Food Packaging Jenny Nygren at email@example.com, we don’t accept applications sent directly via email. If you have questions regarding recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Katie Pettersson on +46 702 99 42 48.
We are looking forward to your application!
Business Area Food is based in Malmö, Sweden, and over the past few years we have undergone extensive changes in organization to secure our assignment. Driven by the ambition to develop more sustainable packaging solutions, with quality and cost-consciousness top-of-mind, we are now looking to complement our packaging engineering team with yet another experienced food packaging engineer. Since our organization is still in build-up, this is a rare opportunity to contribute in establishing the foundation for food packaging engineering in IKEA. Together we will continue the journey to secure Democratic Design in the packaging solutions of the IKEA branded food products that are sold in Swedish Food Markets in hundreds of IKEA stores across the world.