Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
Use visual merchandising competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store by working with store layout, range presentation and vitality. Actively contribute to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support longterm profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions. Use the knowledge of people's needs and dreams in the local market to plan and implement relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet the many individual tastes and exceed our visitor's expectations. Keep visitors in mind when working on the shop floor, minimise disruption and remain aware at all times of the importance of safety and the visual impact for visitors. Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with the Com&In team and other functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of actions on the financial results. Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness in planning and implementing all range presentation solutions by applying national directions and using global tools, proven solutions and best practices. Actively contribute to gathering insights about store layout and range presentation and translating this knowledge into relevant and inspiring store solutions that will support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home. Stay up to date with knowledgeable about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression
A design-based education. Visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Customer-focused mindset. Ability to generate new ideas and concepts.
- A passion for home furnishing, retailing, design and how people live at home.
- Ability to draw, visualise and present an idea.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
- Good attention to detail. Practical hands-on approach to work.
- Basic communication skills in English.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software (e.g. AutoCad)
- Ability to combine commercial, aesthetic and practical skills.
- Ability to generate, visualise and present new ideas.
- Ability to work together with others in a team.
- Confidence in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations.
- A flexible, hands-on approach to responsibilities and the ability to meet set deadlines.