The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Reporting to the Safety and Security Specialist, you will work closely with the Safety & Security team, co-workers and Store Management team to secure compliance with internal / external guidelines. You will also assist in ensuring that we continue to operate within IKEA intended level to create and develop a positive risk culture.
- Support in overseeing the operations of the Fire Command Centre and ensure all related emergencies are attended and effectively dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure up to date knowledge of safety & security procedures, emergency response and established guidelines for alignment with Safety & Security team
- Implement crowd control / traffic management plan in alignment to established procedures
- Ensure accurate and proper record maintenance of all documentations in respect of events, activities and occurrences
- Ensure all responses as stipulated in the Store Emergency Management Plan are being implemented in the event of an emergency
- Responsible in identifying potential problems related to safety and security and ensure prompt reporting for resolution, including, but not limited to malfunction in facilities, evacuation routes obstructions, safety and health hazards in and around the premises, etc
- Secure that corrective actions are taken for safety & security related incidents for investigation, and reported for resolution.
- Manage the overall schedule for deployment tasks (Patrol, cash escort, checkout, loss prevention strategies, etc.) and ensure that all tasks are carried out effectively and promptly.
- Ensure all incidents are properly reported and escalated in the incident reporting system, ensuring proper documentation and follow up actions.
- Support in related Safety & Security trainings, periodic systems testing and evacuation drills at established intervals.
- Knowledge of life safety systems, fire equipment, physical security systems and safety & security operations
- Possess a valid PLRD Security License with Security Supervisor (SS) grading and relevant PWM required module certificates
- Experience working in Command Centre and operating security systems
- Someone who takes initiatives and works well in a team
- Possess good interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Committed to perform shift work including weekends and on public holidays
Please apply by 31-01-2023